NEW YEAR, NEW BLOOD: DHSUD Secretary Eduardo Del Rosario administers the oath of office to 148 newly promoted and freshly hired employees from the Central Office down to the Regional Offices on Friday, January 7, 2022.

QUEZON CITY –Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD) Secretary Eduardo Del Rosario on Friday administered the oath of office to 148 newly promoted and freshly hired employees from the Central Office down to the Regional Offices.

Of those who took their oath, two were Directors IV, one co-terminus and 145 newly-promoted (35 percent) and freshly-hired employees (65 percent) of various DHSUD bureaus and offices.

“So, meaning to say we have new blood in the department (65 percent of those who took oath) while the rest, the 35%, are the newly promoted employees who have been working with us,” Secretary Del Rosario said.

The housing czar lauded the Department’s Human Resource Management Placement and Selection Board, headed by Undersecretary Marylin Pintor, for its efforts in fast-tracking DHSUD’s recruitment process.

Secretary Del Rosario urged the oath-takers to strive hard in making a difference in the organization, always maintain positive mental attitude and always do the right thing.

The housing czar urged the oath-takers to strive hard to make a difference in the organization, always maintain positive mental attitude and always do the right thing. (DHSUD)

The DHSUD chief likewise reiterated the Department’s three main housing principles – that “shelter is a right of every Filipino and home ownership is an option, we are not just building houses but resilient sustainable Filipino communities, and ensure that no sub-standard housing project is constructed under the Duterte administration.”

“We will always abide by the principle of mission accomplishment while at the same time, balancing the welfare of our personnel,” the housing czar stressed, citing the pro-active measures being implemented by the Department amid the sudden surge of COVID-19 cases in the country.

“Let us always conserve the right meaning of loyalty. Loyalty must be to the institution, not to a person,” the DHSUD chief added.

Leading the new appointees were Ciriaco Rosil Cruz Jr. and Ariel de Barras Abragan, who had been tapped as new Directors IV.

Others who took their oath will be serving in the Administrative Service, Finance Service, Knowledge Management and Information Systems Service, Public Assistance Service, Environmental, Land Use and Urban Planning and Development Bureau, Homeowners Association and Community Development Bureau, Housing and Real Estate Development Regulation Bureau and the regional offices of the National Capital Region, 1, 2, 3, 4A, 4B, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (30) — CVC